Gîte Accommodation, Laure – Minervois
Gîte in the courtyard of a maison de maître in the centre of an ancient village in the heart of the Minervois vineyards.
We are 20 minutes drive from the Mediaeval City of Carcassonne, (daily flights by Ryanair). Cathar castles and the Canal du Midi are close by. The Mediterranean and the Pyrénées are both within one hour’s drive. A day out could include Andorra/Northern Spain; a visit to Barcelona; the Roman remains of Nîmes and Arles; Toulouse; Montpellier or the city & ‘Pont’ of Avignon.
About The Gîte
Suitable for up to six people the gîte has a large, well-equipped dining kitchen with open fireplace, cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer and washing machine and a comfortable living room with chairs and a sofa bed.
- Satellite T.V./DVD & hi-fi. (WiFi available in the main house).
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- The first floor has two large bedrooms, one double, one with double and bunk beds, (full single size), and a shower room with wc.
- Electricity, gas, water and bed linen are included in the basic price.
- The house has electric heating so is also available in the winter.
- Rental is usually from Saturday to Saturday but can be flexible.
- Evening meals are available by arrangement, two courses, wine and coffee included,
- 17€, under 12 half price.
The village has a good bakery, two small supermarkets, a butcher, a post office and a pharmacy. There is also an excellent Cave Cooperative and several independent caves within walking distance.
Resident British owners can provide assistance, maps, suggestions, local info, etc.
Thank you for a lovely stay in your super B&B and that fabulous cassoulet.
Many thanks for a superb holiday and a wonderful meal – Laure is a lovely area
We had a great time staying with you and loved the region – appreciated all your help as well
Just to say thanks for an enjoyable stay and the memorable cassoulet
Thanks for all your help and hospitality
Many, many thanks for making our stay so enjoyable, and love to the butcher, baker and winemakers of Laure
Excellent stay, very comfortable, meal superb
Thank you for such a lovely holiday in your fabulous house
Thanks for a Great! Week, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves
We had a wonderful holiday in Laure Minervois. The gîte is brilliant